You can prevent unauthorized registrations to your Print Shop Pro® website by configuring reCAPTCHA in your security settings. This feature is available in version 15.0.0 or higher. Here’s how to configure this:
KB ARTICLE #26180: Enable reCAPTCHA to prevent unauthorized registration to your PSP site
To prevent unauthorized or false registrations to your PSP website, ensure that your reCAPTCHA verification is turned on. If you are hosting your PSP website, you will need the assistance of your network administrator. If edu Business Solutions is hosting your website, this should already be configured. If edu Business Solutions is hosting your website and this is not configured, please submit a request to edu support.
- Go to Administration>System Configuration.
- Under “Registration” click the link to create a free “reCAPTCHA V2 API key pair”. You will be asked to enter the URL for your website. This will generate two keys, a site key and a secret key.
- Enter the keys into the appropriate “Secret Key” fields under the Registration section.
- From the drop down menu set the “Require verification” field to Yes.
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the page.
When new Users register to your site, they will be required to select the “I’m not a robot” verification prior to submitting their registration request. This will prevent automated web crawlers and unauthorized persons from accessing your PSP site.